Every one of us understands and realizes the importance of exercise. However, due to our laziness, busy daily routine, lack of motivation, only few of us manage to make exercise a part of their life, while the rest of us just sit and plan on exercising.
It is a fact that every one of us wants to sit and relax, however, we also know that for better health we need to move a little and indulge in some form of physical activity. However, as beneficial as any physical activity or exercise looks, it is equally hard to commit to it and keep on doing it. The lines below give some simple tips that will help you enjoy exercising and make it a part of your routine.
1. Move In Daily Routine:
If you don’t have time to go to gym or to run in the park, it does not mean that you cannot undertake some physical activity. By making some smart changes, you can incorporate physical activity into your daily routine. Some of the ways in which you can indulge in a physical activity are:
- Becoming physically active in the house in the form of cleaning it, tending to the yard, mowing grass, washing car, and a walk with a broom
- When going to work, look for ways where you can walk or even use a bicycle. If you have an office nearby, then opt for walk or bicycle, instead of driving there. Leave the elevator and use stairs, if you go on a car, then park the car at the farthest end of the parking lot, and during your breaks prefer taking a walk.
- When you are with your kids at their practice session then train with the kids and jog or walk with them. Plan on taking a tour of the neighborhood on bicycle and play with your kids in the yard instead of playing video games. Best of all; take the dog for a walk.
- While watching TV, stretch gently, do some pushups, sit-ups, or even lift weights in the break. This way you enjoy your favorite show, while keeping yourself physically active as well.
2. Start Slowly:
The reason why most of us don’t exercise, or the ones that do and quit is that we approach exercise aggressively. When we think of exercising, we think of going all out. In this thinking phase, most of us don’t take the plunge, while the ones who take it, get tired after a few days and quit. Therefore, the best ways is to go slow and approach exercise gradually. Some of the ways of doing so are:
- Start with the activities you feel comfortable in. for instance, if you wish to train for a marathon, then start by first running a few miles and then gradually increase the distance.
- Set short term goals for your exercise. Setting short-term goals helps you in increasing self-satisfaction and alleviates the stress. When you complete a short-term goal you feel more satisfied and motivated. Therefore, instead of setting long-term goals, which are too hard to achieve, go for short-term goals to keep you motivated.
3. Make It Fun:
The reason why most of us quit exercise, is because it all seems too dull and boring thus resulting in demotivation and eventually quitting. Therefore, in addition to taking energy supplements and drinks you can do the following to make exercise fun and keep yourself motivated:
- Opt for a yoga class or dancing
- Play on your favorite music and dance with your kids.
- Workout with a friend or buddy and enjoy a hangout later on.
- Opt for any outdoor activities like, gardening, golf, or even playing Frisbee.
In short, when you make exercise fun, take it slowly, and adopt any physical activity in your routine, then you will surely progress towards your fitness and health goal.
This post is written by Aimee who is a professional content writer and health consultant at Ultralifeshop. She loves to writes on Health and fitness, Nutrition food and supplements, energy supplements and drinks etc.