Most of the weight loss websites, magazines and books have weight loss tips that are targeted towards women and not men. Even if they target men, they are mostly aimed at the bodybuilding and strength training groups. The regular guy who needs to shed a few pounds is not benefited by these tips. This article shares 5 important weight loss tips for regular guys like you and me.
1. Drink a full glass of water or a protein smoothie 1/2 hour before having a meal. This would make you feel full and keep you from eating too much of the food. Protein makes a person feel fuller quicker than carbohydrates. Carbohydrates are broken down quickly into sugar and make you feel hungry more often. Drinking a cool glass of water would have an additional benefit. The body would start to burn fat in order to bring the body’s temperature to match the environment’s temperature.
2. Eat small portions of meals 5-6 times a day instead of 3 big meals. This is in our genes. Our ancestors ate small portions of meals whenever they were hungry. They never ate 3 big portions 3 times a day. By eating small portions at regular intervals, our metabolism is kept active for long periods of time. An active metabolism is a pre-requisite for burning fat efficiently. When the metabolism is active for long periods, it burns fat more efficiently than when it is turned off for a long period of time.
3. Have the best meal in the morning. You all know that food equals energy. Our bodies need the most energy in the morning and the least energy in the night. But, most of us have the best meal at night. The breakfast is skipped or taken lightly. When you take a meal packed with nutrition in the night, the body would convert the excess energy to fat and store it in the fat cells of the body; since it does not need so much of the energy in the night. We are physically inactive at night and don’t need much energy.
4. Avoid low calorie diets. Do not reduce calories in your diet to a starvation level. When you take a meal that is too low in calories, your body would hoard energy in your fat cells, fearing that it is being deprived of calories. The body would immediately go on to a scarcity mode and preserve energy for the future. This is counterproductive to your weight loss goals.
5. Choose a workout plan that includes high intense, short duration exercise regimes. This was confirmed recently in a study conducted by the Harvard University. High intense, short duration Cardio workouts are more effective than low intense, long duration workout plans. Include a mix of strength training and Cardio workouts in your exercise regime.
The 5 tips described above, would keep you in good stead in losing excess body fat more effectively and permanently. Incorporate these habits into your daily lives and start your weight loss journey right now.
Julie Roy is a passionate writer who loves to write articles on mens weight loss suppliment. He would like to invite you to find out more about weight loss supplements at steroids in canada